Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Web According to Google #86: Calendar and Documents

1. I have used Google Calendar in the past for certain situations. It could definitely be used in the workplace. As a team leader, it is necessary to coordinate my calendar with the other team leaders on a weekly basis in order to make daily scheduling go smoothly. I've never used Google Calendar for home use but I'm sure it would be beneficial in certain circumstances. It's certainly useful to share calendars within in the workplace. I'm not sure about friends and family.

2.We use Google Docs at the library for each department's daily schedule. This document is kept up on several computers throughout the library so staff is aware of the service desk they are assigned to. By using this, we are a little more "green" because we are not using as much paper for the daily schedules. It's easy to edit the document when changes are necessary. We are using the excel application in the document we've created. It's very similar to microsoft excel but there are definitely some differences. I use the Microsoft Excet for most other projects I have.

No comments: