Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Publishing Evolution #82: Print on Demand

1. I checked out all of the self-publishing companies listed. They are seem very similar - some's cost are higher than others. Createspace by Amazon.com seems to be the more navigatible site. That probably is because Amazon has been in the business for a longer period of time. I can certainly see how using one of these sites would be beneficial for some artists because it would mean less overhead on their part. I didn't see any books that I've read. That could be because most of the books I read are well-known fiction writers that are published through the major publishing houses. I certainly would not be opposed to reading an author if the content looked interesting.

2. I think self-publishing is a great idea. I would think that having this outlet could give the author or artist an opportunity to have their work put in print when maybe the larger publishing houses or record companies have turned them down.

No comments: