Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Publishing Evolution #84: Writer Communities & Author Websites

1. I have never contacted any of my favorite authors but I have visited their websites to get info on the next book in a series or what they are working on. Because I enjoy reading regional fiction, I'm always interested in where an author lives. It's not important for me to know the details of their personal lives like family, etc. Okay, I checked out Susan Wigg's website and I'm really really jealous. She lives in my most favorite place in the world, the San Juan Islands in Washington state. There's some photos of her house and it's gorgeous along with unbelievable views. I'm depressed now - I want to go there really bad. She does have a blog so I'm sure you can email her if you want to.

2. I think the idea of a book being published based on popular vote is a very interesting idea. I don't think a book coming into existence in this way would necessarily give me less faith in the material. I think it would really depend on the content of the book.

No comments: