Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Searching #78: Video

1. I searched both Truveo and Blinkx for "Lost the Final Season." I found Blinkx to be easier to use. The small clips of the videos were streaming which made the site more appealing. I do not search the web for videos so I'm looking forward to doing more of this. Truveo was little slower to use with the small clips of the videos lined up in rows. It's search screen is a little too busy.

2. I think it would be interesting to do a short video showing the Tomball Library staff in their greeting mode. Because the Tomball Library is a joint venture library with the Lonestar College System, most people coming in our front door assume it's the entrance to the college. The circulation staff has to field many different questions - ones related to the library as well as related to the college. Greeting is an essential role at Tomball!!!!

No comments: