Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

1. I signed up for a free account on HULU. I viewed a small part of a movie about skiers preparing for the Olympics in Vancouver. Since you're able to view the movie full screen it was enjoyable. Having said that, I still prefer to watch movies on bigger screens without having to sit through advertisements, etc.

2. I used iTunes Movie Trailers and watched an upcoming movie trailer. I've noticed some trailers tend to give out all of the good parts of a movie so when you actually see the movie, you're a little disappointed. It's nice to know these sites exist so you can actually check the movie out before spending mega bucks to see it.

3. I would consider using HULU at home. The only problem is I still have dial-up so if I were to be successful in getting the movie loaded, it would take forever to watch it. Until we get a faster internet service, I will probably not be using any of the free based sites. It's nice to know they are available.

No comments: